DataDash Talks Benchmark Protocol $Mark | Supply Elastic Collateral and Hedging Device
Benchmark Protocol is a Supply Elastic Collateral and Hedging Device, Driven by the Volatility Index.
The Benchmark protocol operates as a rules-based utility that dynamically adjusts supply based on the CBOE volatility index (VIX) and deviations from the target metric - equal to 1 Special Drawing Rights (SDR) unit. Employing the SDR creates a larger use case rather than exposure to just one currency; the application of this creates a larger user base and delineated exposure to markets around the world. The DeFi space needs a collateral utility that retains its efficacy and increases inherent, baseline liquidity during periods of high volatility.
The MARK Token augments supply based on the Special Drawing Rights (SDR). The SDR is a composite international reserve asset, comprised of the U.S. Dollar, Euro, Great British Pound, Chinese Yuan, and Japanese Yen.
Learn more and follow Benchmark here:
Collateral needs liquidity
The Benchmark token (MARK) is a supply-elastic, collateral utility designed to inject liquidity during periods of high volatility in correlation with global equities markets.
Liquidity needs collateral
When the MARK token reaches the yield phase, the network is capitalized and utilized to assume quasi-steady state conditions. The implied value of the MARK token is its yield-bearing value arising from its collateral utility.
Benchmark Protocol is uncorrelated to crypto market price movements, making it an ideal hedge.
The MARK token is pegged to the world's most stable currency (the SDR). Supply rebalances are smart and fast, derived from the Volatility Index (VIX).
When S&P 500 Futures react to implied volatility, collateralized utilities undergo supply shock in parallel to the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX).
pikes in the VIX increase token supply in the Benchmark Protocol. This correlation in activity reduces the impact of liquidity events.
Milestones and Roadmap
- Deploy to Testnet for Protocol Validation and Verification
- Complete Formal Methods Audit of the Benchmark Protocol Smart Contract by "CertiK"
- Deploy Audited Protocol Contracts to Ethereum Mainnet
- List MARK Token on Uniswap Decentralized Exchange
- Mainnet Launch of The Benchmark Protocol
- Launch out-of-the-box Incentivized Liquidity Mining
- Apply Adjustment Algorithm importing the CBOE Volatility Index
- Launch Single Asset Staking via xMARK
- Introduce Decentralized On-Chain Governance
- Integrate with a Decentralized Oracle for API data
- Enable Smart Contract Coverage with a Decentralized Insurance Platform
- Deploy Interoperability bridge to support Benchmark Protocol on major L1's
- Launch Securitization Mining